PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Pilots to Strike
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2007, 13:29
alibaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“Simplistic guessing”. Do you not trust your fellow pilots when they tell you something is happening to them or not? It is currently happening with other companies.... You might want to remove your friends and family from EI pilots if you can not trust them then….

If you choose to believe me or not matters little to the argument it just shows your stance to be untenable that CURRENT pilots are experiencing these phenomena. I find this quite sad as somebody else has said "you have fallen a long way". Again you choose not to answer anything put to you about FR or Easy or any other company for that matter!!!

This is the same local market and make no bones about that. This is also not just about wages it has everything to do with rostering agreements and many other things contained under T+C's as a whole........ Just on the point of local markets, I think it was quite well dealt with on post 45 and 56 of this thread. People understand what the implications are of getting cheap labour in to do the same job in the same "local market".

You must be able to understand globalism and global economics even on a basic level..... Surely you know that there is in many ways no "local markets", everything will affect each other. Even China is starting to increase pay levels as you have stated. Primarily because EU levels are so high so it has an effect on companies in China to increase pay levels to try to increase the amount of expats to crew a/c on order.

So would you agree that pilots in Stockholm should be paid more than Cork? Still not answered and not likely to be I think!

AL does not exist simply for your benefits and your pay packet
No it does not but it presumably puts food on pilots table!!! Anyone with half a brain cell understands what and how an airline affects an economy and what the effect of a strike will have on the economy and customer relations. Do you not think people do not consider this when making such a decision as extreme as resorting to strike action? Such a decision is not taken lightly.

And yet again, tumbleweed blows through this thread when the word "Customers" is mentioned. No pilot here seems willing to discuss what it means to them or their possible future attitude to AL. Amazing.
Some customers might understand that EI pilots will not let there T+C's go down the toilet like many other companies have done and that the race to the bottom will be stopped for the benefit of all pilots... Does the consumer understand what ethical business practices are?

How much legacy experience did you say you had again?

VORTIME; Flight decks are more automated to increase and improve safety not to reduce pilot salaries and T+C's.....

Last edited by alibaba; 18th Aug 2007 at 13:42.