PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air Expat Contract
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2007, 13:28
ELAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedtwoten ...

I can't speak for whichever airline you may have had experience of in India but in general you will be treated with far more courtesy and respect by your employer, your coworkers, and people in general in India than is the case in Korea.

Both countries have their safety problems so you will be no further ahead there, though the Korean's will seem more organized about it at first. Once you appreciate the nature of the beast you will find as much to worry about in Korea as in India.

In Korea your roster will be much less subject to change than in India ... to the point that it is set in concrete. Do not ever expect it to change in response to a personal need as the concept of flexibility does not really exist at Korean Air.

Any place can be what you choose to make of it, but having watched expats adapt in both Korea and India and having done so in both places myself I can tell you that Korea is by far the less pleasant and less tolerant of the two. If you find yourself complaining about life as an expat in India, the odds are you will find yourself truly miserable in Korea.

ELAC