PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skills Test
Thread: Skills Test
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2007, 00:15
Crash one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just finished mine NPPL (A) SSEA (land)
All written exams the same as PPL.
Standard training regime along with PPLs except less (2hrs) instrument apreciation. Seperate RT practical as PPL. Nav skill test is first, three legs with a divertion at some point. Then solo QXC 100 nm with 2 landaways, PPL is 150nm. Lastly GST. PFL, stalls, EFATO, circuits (glide, flapless, normal) tight turns slow flight etc, all as per PPL.
The only differences were Nav test & GST are seperate with the shorter solo QXC in between. Medical costs me £10 for GP autograph. UK airspace only, by day VMC, at the moment but may change when EASA get involved or so I believe.
Differences training can be done on tailwheels, wobbly props, retracts, turbos, not sure what else, seaplane (A) not yet unless you go for a microlight version??
Can't think of anything else except I took a lot more than 32hrs as most do unless you are 16 in which case you will probably want to go commercial at some point, or if you really want to fly in cloud, at night, in controlled airspace, in a jet twin, you will need the "Gold Standard"??? Personally I don't think there is a difference in the quality of training, just the priveleges. I used the VOR on my QXC just for exercise. It allowed me to dodge round hail & rain squalls without getting lost, destination had VOR which helped.
Good luck & enjoy the whole thing.