PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Pilot Upsets Australian Airport Staff & Authorities
Old 17th Aug 2007, 21:47
Black Stain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This Australian Customs issue is an issue because of lack of understanding and education. Why dont we fix it now?

Australian agriculture really is free of most pests and diseases endemic everywhere else. It is free because of a very hard assed attitude by Customs over a very long time. Yeah, what forsight.... they deserve congratulations. As a result every Ozzie citizen enjoys better food from the supermarket than just about everywhere else. This is a golden lifestyle idol that Australian Customs are only ever going to protect more and more vigorously as import pressure continues to rise.

Get over it or dont go there.

And dont think Customs are the only ones to avoid??

Most Ozzies are very well educated about the continuous threat to OZ agriculture. Whilst in uniform, I personally witnessed an Indian with a box of contraband mangoes avoiding customs. I collared him and frog marked him to the sniffer dog. Very much enjoyed watching the rubber dick too. The mangoes were sliced open to reveal alien bugs that would have devastated Australia's mango industry.

Yeah... Strike one for Black Stain. Be sure I and all the rest of OZ will be watching for you Mustafa Rex.