PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2007, 21:45
G-KEST

Awesome but Affordable

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Devil

Poor old Tombstone. I am assured KY Jelly eases the passage but check for any thorns left on the stem.

Seriously though, I really wonder just how many airshow organisers are going to book the Vulcan if it is charged out at an economic rate? Once the initial novelty is over reality must set in. This despite the valiant efforts of the VTTS team, professional and volunteer.

As an airshow performer charging a modest sum to cover my legitimate costs it has been hard to get bookings for a couple of years. This possibly because my aerobatic displays are tame in comparison with some on the circuit but also because there are those for whom displays are an ego trip and can afford to do them for next to nothing.

Display organisers are finding it very hard to get sponsorship and costs are escalating at an exponential rate. The UK airshow industry is in a difficult position. But there, it always was and my involvement goes back over 50 years.

Comments appreciated, however if it is suggested that I pack up airshow flying after some 53 years then that is simply not acceptable. I enjoy it too much.

Cheers,

Trapper 69