PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Pilots to Strike
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2007, 20:58
alibaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You’re the one with the toys. As I said before. You might need to go and play.

Will you answer a question put to you or will you just stay logged on 24/7?

A commercial decision doesn't mean it is right in terms of any employment agreement or in terms of employment practices. What if the decision is not even the right one for the company in the first place? EI is not a poor suffering company on its knees in any shape or form.

What is the problem with using the current T+C's in EI in BFS with the current pilot workforce from EI? Can you answer the question please……

Fighting for current terms and conditions??? Your current T's and C's are not under threat, this is about opening a new base of operations in another jurisdiction and T's and C's being appropriate to that local market.
Can you tell me the differance in the "market place" between BFS and DUB? I know, I know it is 2 hrs up the motorway. We aren't comparing DUB to Bangladesh here..... What is the problem with pilots getting the same wage for the same job and same amount of work throughout Western Europe? The IAA is the jurisdiction and they will have the responsibility for regulating EI aeroplanes as that is where they are registered and who holds the AOC. It doesn't matter in that respect where the aeroplanes are based. Also the pilots in BFS could be going on Irish contracts. If pilots are not, why not? Other companies such as Easy and FR contract from the registered country most of the time but not in all cases. If they are not, it usually has something to do with splitting the pilot group so it can be more easily played for again lowering T+C's. Every lowering of the T+C's in any one base cause’s pressure on pilots from the higher rate base by management to lower T+C’s to the new lower rate. It will have an affect on the market place also. Even you can understand that.

All pilots terms and conditions are under threat from such a move that is why MOL is so keen to see EI win against its pilots so he can lower his own wage structure and T+C’s against his own pilots. The pilots in EI are having their current T+C's attacked by opening up another base on lower T+C's. CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT?

I do believe that somebody answered the general thrust of your statement before with terms of average incomes, house prices and expenditure etc with terms of "market place". This is an attack on the current T+C's in EI. The tactic is used by other companies such as FR and it works hence why the EI pilots will not tolerate this kind of abuse. It leads to different pilot groups in bases being played off against each other for the race to the bottom of the wage race. This has been again demonstrated quite well by FR. Do you not understand that or will you continue to close your ears or shut your eyes to the blindly obvious? I am sorry but I find myself repeating myself here as you choose not to understand what I am saying??????

Again, stop throwing up diversions on this topic
Which diversions? Answer the questions please. There are no diversions, just questions.

EI has every right to make commercial decisions as long as they obey the relevant laws, regulations and agreements of the country of which is its principal base of operations and the relevant country which it seeks to operate from or to. Nobody has questioned that right Oneworld. Pilots understand that BFS might be commercially the right move but not by lowering the current pilots T+C's in relation to opening that base. It is an aggressive and uncalled for gesture by EI managers against its pilots where one was not needed to continue the success in building the company and expanding its route network to becoming more of a success than it already is or could be.