PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 50 stories for 50th birthday
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2007, 18:26
Jeep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Team snake are on exercise and we have caused chaos with a weapon called HELARM NOW. The german cows are everywhere, washing has been dusted, kids blown into the lake ... you name it, we caused it. The CO is livid. He is one of them rare COs who is also a real pilot and didnt make any noise or downwash when he was flying Bell 47. He thinks up this wizzard idea, send the pilots out to apologise to the farmers. Team snake is the 659 party that has to take a driver and go and visit a particularly nasty noise complaint at a farm about 20 klicks away. As we get there i am thinking we are in a for a load of hurt but the farm complex looks quite plush, typically smelly and quite deserted.

Ring ring on the bell and out comes herman the farmer. I can parle a little sausage so i explain that we (3 grotty smelly exercise stinking lynx pilots) are the guilty bas_stards that scared his cattle earlier and we have come to apologise. He is amazed. Calls his frau and orders her to get the coffee. We are invited in, given a shower, fed some sausage and green stuff, enough beer and schnapps to kill a german elephant and after 3 hours of stories, drinking and admiring the stuffed game hanging from his wall, we are sent on our way with offers of a fresh visit the next night.

Back at the CP we report to our OC and explain that the noise complain is solved and that if he needs any more similar duty the next night, we are his men. Strangely enough we werent asked to do that again even though I was flying even lower the next day

Them wer't days.

Jeep.