PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Pilot Upsets Australian Airport Staff & Authorities
Old 17th Aug 2007, 17:34
Quokka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One time in PER I'll never forget. I was late off the plane after chatting with the crew and browsing through the last-minute Duty Free and when I arrived in the baggage area I could sense that I was the centre of attention from the line of Customs officers standing at the back of the room watching everyone collecting their bags.

One of the Customs guys walked up to me and asked for my Immigration card and Passport. I passed them to him with my airport ID which he perused but didn't comment on. After grilling me with questions in an acid tone of voice and staring me out for a couple of minutes he handed the documents back to me and walked away.

When I got to the queue for Nothing to Declare, I was down the back end and in for a very long wait to get out to "freedom". The same Customs guy walked up to me again and asked me to step out of the queue and follow him through some adjacent doors in a very loud and authoritarian voice. Everyone in the queue had turned around and were watching me being taken away.

As soon as the doors had closed behind me and the queue of people could no longer see what was happening the Customs guy pointed at the next set of doors saying "see those doors over there", smiled and said "see you later". I thanked him and headed out the doors.

He'd just fast-tracked me through Customs.