PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Pilot Upsets Australian Airport Staff & Authorities
Old 17th Aug 2007, 17:23
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally disagree with the general attitude wrt to Ozzies. For the most part I find them quite nice and generally have a good attitude towards life. Sadly, Sydney and Brisbane customs are not good examples of your typical Ozzie. I agree that in Perth, its not even an issue.
Some, and I reiterate SOME of the posters here are clearly those with bones to pick about Oz. Dare I say, the Lebanese for example. I will proudly state, that Oz is about the only place on the planet that is self confident enough to declare what otherwise would be not 'politically correct' in many western countries such as Canada, UK and the USA.
I don't mean to offend all the Brits, Yanks and Canucks as clearly those are great countries overall. But this attitude of accepting all cultures and letting them get away with behaviour from individuals, that would not be tolerated at all in their home countries, is absurd.
If the Ozzies wish to protect their country when it comes to carrrying in goods that are not allowed.....(and for good reason I think), then good for them. I do have a heartache when it comes to idiots in customs who seem to have no idea about the big picture, (kind of like about 15% of the Ozzie trainers at EK). Clearly Syd and Brisbane customs individuals are not indicative of the average Ozzie, well at least that is my opinion.
As far as JFK goes, honestly....... does anyone expect otherwise from these people? They have been thru 2 terms of GWB and his 'fear mongering' and due to a lack of education, FOX news, Rush Limbaugh, Rove, and a general distorted view of the world, could we expect anything less? I feel bad for them actually. Just smile (wait don't do that, they take that as a sign of guilt), but say SIR at the beginning and end of each sentence, like all US pilots do on the radio, and things seem to go smoothly.
Get off the Ozzies backs ! Its a governmental/ union issue that some stupid and power hungry individuals greet us when we enter their country. Laugh it off is my attitude. I swear its a 'jealousy' issue when it comes to aircrew (why they are jealous I have no idea) but that seems to be the case to me.