PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bond/OAT "Sponsorship"
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2007, 11:00
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
212man:
It does not say about doing FI /US term = CFI/. What's the point? If it's supposed to be cadetship, they'd take on +-250h TT guy as SIC. It won't make sense otherwise.
That ads talks about 1 year training. That's about the max time someone should do JAA CPL at HAI/BA.

To be able to do FIing, one needs J1 visa which is for 2yr max incl training.
EG 9-12 months training and the rest of 2 yr instructing. But I don't think there's need for that from BOND's side.
IF THERE IS, WHOLE CADETSHIP IS POINTLESS.
UNLESS someone lives in the UK, doesn't want to 'test the waters' around the globe for foreseeable future.

pitchlink:
Nobody wants anything 'on plate'. Just that committing so much as bond thanks to JAA IR 'cuts the wings of freedom' a bit.
I didn't say it's no good at all. It just won't be for everyone.
I would be inclined towards it more if it was Bristow as they got operations around the world and no need to get tied to UK and its weather.

if what BRAVO73 says is right, whole speculations about 212man's question is pointless. I won't do that.

IF I fund whole training, got J1 in the US, I'm likely to do some FIing hopefully up to 1000hr TT and then I could be sponsored for JAA IR if wanted in the UK. Check out other topics in case you don't know /you guys with 1000s of hours don't really care anyway/.

Howgh