PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When will Instructors get paid properly?
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2007, 10:31
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*Best Jeremy Paxman drawl*

Yeeeeeeeeers, I fearded you'd say that, AVeryCP.

Look guys, we all have valid points and you sure as **** is brown ain't gonna stop me from looking down my nose at those arseholes who offer up their services for free at the FTO were I work, especially when I'm struggling (and I do f-ing well mean STRUGGLING!) to pay my bills having taken this on as a proper vocation in my life.

Yes, it is a jolly jape being up amongst those clouds, I feel sure there are those out there who could do it better than myself, yes I am to blame for taking "the plunge" (many dare not) and yes, I should probably pull my finger out and get an airline job but yanno what? I like instructing and don't think it beyond the realms of reason to make those who wish to get to my (so veeeeery veeeeeery lowly) position in the aviation sphere study for it.
You learn f--k all on a PPL course (I should know - I teach it!), much less when you start flying on your Jack Jones. I should know, I did a PPL and then decided to 'go commercial' later.

Those who disagree know this too but care to ignore the obvious. We all know that those who have held PPL's for many years are the most dangerous - had one pull the mixture to ICO in the circuit last week in fact, on a checkout.... and then witnessed the stall warner blaring out from base leg onwards as they grapled with the controls..... a regular and respected member of the club too,,,,,,,, but I digress....

Being eligible to be an instructor of flight (IMVHO) means - undertaking a professional course of study, going thru the motions, deciding that teaching is the vocation for you and becoming a member of a professional body after putting your money where your gob is. £6K on a PPL is pittance when you consider what my family and I have been thru. MY CFI has grandfather rights and knows f--k all about the weather to be honest. I keep shtum but it narks me guys.... as you can probably tell.

And if you don't like that? Well you can kiss my arse.

VFE.