PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Pilots to Strike
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2007, 09:52
alibaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two very good posts by Visual Calls and DrKev.

Your "livliehoods" oh give me a break. Your "livliehood" is not under threat.
Will you answer points put to you Oneworld by other posters? Or are you about to scurry away with your tail between your legs?

Every drop in T+C's in each new base will lead to another drop in the next base. This is the way the pattern follows. It is slow and insidious until you find that your pay or T+C's is 25% or so less than another pilot in the same company out of another base. Then the company will seek to lower the original higher paid base.

It is the slow erosion of terms that airline pilots (that excludes you oneworld) need to be aware of. This is why you will find other professions making progressively more and more money and being treated a whole lot better than how pilots are treated with the slow decay of wages and T+C's.

You see your livelihood is not at threat oneworld..... But every pilots on this forum is. Every time you lower T+C's you lower the bench mark for pilots in that company and others. Every pilot in every company will have an affect on other pilots in a different company. You could say we rely on each other in many ways. Pilot’s livelihoods are at threat from continuing lowering of T+C's across the industry and it needs to be stopped.

You have to stop this somewhere and EI pilots have stated where they are going to stop the rot.

All I can say is well done! I wish other groups of pilots in other airlines would take note and do the same.