PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will QF Longhaul CC fly the 380???
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2007, 08:10
Southside747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will QF Longhaul CC fly the 380???

What guarantees have we got that we get to access new types and flying? Have heard from a reasonable source that we will be losing a fair amount of this flying to Short Haul. Surely we cannot let them get their hands on what is really Long Haul flying? This person is adamant that QF shorthaul CC will operate the 380. Whether they mean all of it or only parts of it is still totally wrong. They should not be touching it at all.

What else is there to ensure the Kiwi base does not grow and they get significantly more of the lucrative LA flying leaving us Longhaulers subject to more of the crap? If we miss out on 380 flying, which is suggested to do the bulk of US trips within 5 years, where are we left? Will the kiwi crew be on the 380 as well?

The more I am hearing on this subject, the more I am worried about what future we have for significant growth in the Longhaul ranks. There has to be a much clearer distinction between what is longhaul and what is shorthaul number one, so we fly what we joined longhaul to fly, and the domestics and casuals fly what their name suggest they fly (ie. shorthaul).

I am worried that in 5 to 10 years from now, a big proportion of Long Haul flying is going to go to the LHR base, AKL base, Shorthaul and MAM casuals. This worrying sentiment was expressed by somebody to me this morning, and as to who it was, the source was somebody who has me worried now.

Tell me it isn't possible?