PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Pilot Upsets Australian Airport Staff & Authorities
Old 17th Aug 2007, 07:27
elcAbron07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say SYD customs are without doubt the rudest bunch of people I have ever come accross. PER / BNE / MEL I have never had any problems with but SYD staff have got some serious attitude problems!!
I myself got into an arguement with those w**kers. Got in after a long flight and it was a very busy customs hall. Crew were deciding which baggage hall to go through as the one were our bags were was extremelly busy. A customs officer came racing out in front of all the passengers and began accusing the crew of pushing in, that they thought they were above themselves, that in Aussssstralia there ain't special treatment for crew and they can get to the back of the queue just like everyone else. Fine if they were pushing in but they hadn't even entered a queue as yet!

I felt it imperitive that I told the woman what I thought of her and her rude attitude. She threatened to have me arrested, told me I was in Australia now and she is a customs officer in Sydney Australia (she reminded me of this about 5 or 6 times!) when I laughed at her pathetic attitude she got even more enraged. Luckily one of the managers came and interupted this conversation we were having and I was sent to other Customs hall. As I was leaving she was still shouting and screaming at me.

Point of the story is they have serious attitude problems, and if it happens again I would do exactly the same and stand up for the crew. I have heard so many other stories of similar tales relating to this bunch in SYD, and funnily enough even from Aussie crew also. Regardless of what a 'special' country Australia is, with all its fight against pests and that bull, Customs officers especially in SYD are not god and have absolutely no right to treat crew like that when they have done nothing wrong.

3 worst Customs in the world:
1 - SYD
2 - LAX
3 - MIA