PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2007, 00:36
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TyroPicard

t sure I like the sound of that - PNF is meant to guard the stick in case of incapacitation - not move it!
Very true, but look at the RHS stick inputs. They match almost to perfection the lat/long accelerations...until the real take-over.
Let's say, he was guarding it very closely.
Your remark poses another problem : the quality of that crew in terms of CRM : One training captain flying wth an F/O who was very recently a commander -with an instructor rating to boot- still fresh from another type of airplane.
What are your comments on
  • the authority gradient in the cockpit
  • the manner of the Captains on communicating his action project (T/R one side only...)
  • the general adherence to procedure -Quite a few call-outs were missed, there has never been,on the document we were provided , speed readings, commands ( we still don't know whether they were on managed or commanded final speed )...
  • etc...
I've seen crews in an emergency and my first remark would be that they naturally grab the procedure, with its technical lingo...I have this gnawing feeling that there was a lot more to this approach than we know for the captain and upon touch-down he just let go the pressure. A sigh as a response to a malfunction -no spoiler deploy !- which could change the parameters of the landing on wet, which has been very much in his mind before is not natural.