PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss over East London
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2007, 21:59
Roffa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slip and turn,

Very much appreciate the trouble you've gone to Roffs but the fact remains that laterally the LHR inbound and LCY outbound tracks overlap all the time, and the adjustments I thought I was seeing weren't much to do with the various joins but all occurred around the final 180 degree turn sector.
The LCY departing traffic follows pretty much the same track all the time because it's on a SID, there will be deviations but only small ones.

The LHR traffic will fly over quite a wide area. Sometimes it will fly directly over LCY departing traffic, sometimes it will fly east of the LCY departure, sometimes it will fly west of the LCY departure. At all times it will be vertically separated from the LCY traffic until such times as it's at least 3nm laterally from either the LCY SID track or from a specific LCY departure if there's one airborne. Only at that point (3nm lateral sepn) will it be descended further.

I'll say it one last time, yes the LCY deps and LHR arrivals overlap but the path that you see the LHR arrival fly has absolutely nothing to do with where any LCY departures are and all to do with sequencing on to final at LHR. There is no interaction or co-ordination between the two sets of controllers required under normal circumstances, it's all taken care of by each set of controllers following specific procedures.

There's little more I can say, that's the way it works. Accept or not as you wish

Sorry, I don't have any more track plots but if you google the various noise monitoring web sites for each airport they might have some on-line.

splitduty and taffy1, thanks