PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss over East London
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2007, 21:57
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look sunshines, I didn't report the conflict, someone else did and THAT hasn't been denied

Actually I see taffy has toned down his post a bit so I am smiling more easily

Neither am I arguing about how separation is planned to be obtained.

I am just telling you what happens outside my window which has a bloody great 800 foot high glass steel and concrete pointer 4500 feet from my eye dividing the view almost East and West. If I say LCY departures routinely complete a turn to the north before they get west of Canary Wharf they do. If I say LHR arrivals usually turn onto base at the same place albeit higher, then that's what I've seen.

Why take potshots at the messenger ? I am sure that's not what Roffa intended when he asked for backup, or do you know better?

The only contentious opinion I have given (I think?) is that vertical separation alone in this uniquely busy corner seems to push up the chances of an error.

Take that last sentence apart if you like but don't question my ability to use my own eyes please to take bearings against known landmarks please.

Roffa has given us the luxury a nice plot to look at and thanks be to him. How about you guys showing us some LCY 28 departure tracks overlayed on the LHR 27 arrival ones and then you can tell us typically how many times a day LCY traffic climbs reaches or exceeds 3000 early in that right turn out. If it rarely if ever does, then my contention dissolves into oblivion, but if 3000 is frequently achieved that early in the climb out then please read or write on.