PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When will Instructors get paid properly?
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2007, 20:53
bogbeagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All schools/clubs with the exception of a few particular set ups will wish to pay fees/wages to have, in return, a commitment from instructors.
By and large, schools and clubs don't seek commitment from their instructors now. What makes you think that, when some people will work for free, the schools will insist on re-imbursing them? I can absolutely guarantee that, if I walked into a flying school tomorrow and stated that I would work for free, the owner of that school would not press money into my hand.

I would expect that most of the new PPL instructors will be low hours/low experience, looking for free flying to pad out their thin log-books. I don't believe that there is a pool of experienced philanthropists out there, keen to instruct every hour that God sends.

What's wrong with the term "scab"? Seems perfectly appropriate for someone who undermines my livelihood.

I can't understand why any current instructor would want to see the PPL-instructor introduced. The only benefits will accrue in the very short term and will solely be enjoyed by the owners of flying schools. Students and standards must suffer....why else was the old system abolished in favour of a requirement to hold a BCPL (as a minimum)?

As to calling people "w@@@ers"....well, that's the beauty of anonymous forums....they do make people brave.