PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlink- South Africa
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2007, 20:23
Half-Pint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone, and thanks for your many replies!

It is quite interesting to see the many different view points on Airlink. Some of it scares me actually!!

Just to clue you guys in on my situation: I am in fact reasonably young as some have assumed me to be. Im busy flying a Grand Caravan somewhere in RSA and I have a frozen ATP with just over 900hrs, with around 250hrs being PIC turbine. Unfortunatley, I'm not flying a multi-engined aircraft at this time (but I do hold a ME-IF Comm)

I thought it would be in my best interests to have a look at what South African airlines have to offer and to do a bit of reasearch at this stage of my career.

Many people have told me to apply to the airlines and to try get into one as soon as I can, for job stability and fringe benefits. However, I have become aware recently that some outfits, of which Airlink is included, don't offer items such as medical aid and pension allowances? I don't personally know any Airlink pilots (although I do know one lady that flew for them and thoroughly enjoyed it) so I havn't got a huge amount of information of what Airlink (or any other Line for that matter) is like from a pilot's working point of view (hence the reason for my post).

Therefore I wish to thank all for providing their input, it is much appreciated!!

So please, if you have any further comments, keep them coming (either on PPruNe or PM me for my email address)- they 're all going in my "Airline File" for future reference.

Fly safe

Halfie