PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Instructor or Airline Pilot????
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2007, 16:00
Deano75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FNG

Hi everyone! (oh, not another one),
Nationality: GBR. Age: 32 (Single). Hours: 300 ASEL with IR. Got my ticket in Arizona when I was 18 years old. First-job-was-at-the-airport story and I soloed on my 16th birthday before I got my driver's license. Loved flying ever since I could break my brother's toys but ran out of cash at 19 and slowly, surely I have gained 300 hours.

Done a lot of living and learning in the last 14 years and well, it's time to do what I can't get out of my head. Only twist here is that I'm leaving my job in TV in Bangkok and heading off to Aussie to jump in and out of those juicy clouds down there. The usual questions rear their ugly head: Too old? Too inexperienced? I'm going to get my aussie CPL and license conversions done down there with a long term goal of emmigration and flying all over the GAFA (Great Australian Frig All).

They like to grew their own down there though and I just would like to know in a worldly wise aviation setting, where am I when it comes to getting on the ladder as a FI with a long term goal of regionals or majors?
Cheers,
Deano