PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2007, 13:46
Rob21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again about logic. And again, I am not a heavy jet pilot. Please, be patient...
1. When the pilot commands one engine's T/R, a go around is out of his mind. True or false? I would say true.
2. As soon as he has reverse thrust, the pilot expects to have GS all up. True or false? I would say true.
3. A-320's GS logic will not deploy GS if only one TL goes from CLB to reverse position.
True or false? (stupid question, I should know that by now...) I can say then, true.
4. Heavy jet pilots would like to have GS available to them, even if only one TL is commanding reverse. True or false? I would say true.
My point is, why not give the pilot ground spoilers with only one TL at reverse? It's clear he does not want to go around.
If the other TL is at CLB, it's the pilot's problem. If he forgot to move it, or the computer didn't "sense" the move, or was stuck, or got loose, whatever!
But if those pilots have had GS available to them, for sure they would have had also more time (a few more seconds) to deal with engine 2. They would still had overan the rwy? Probably yes, but not at 100 kts...
Thanks again for your patience..
Rob