PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Banks and loans - credit crisis?
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2007, 12:47
Superpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto what Clanger has said. It is most certainly possible to fund it all yourself without any external assistance if you put your backside and mind to it – you don’t need to be gifted in anyway either. Unfortunately, as evident on here and at most FTOs, the bank is often the first thought that crosses a wannabes mind!

I have done it in less than a year. It’s been hard work and very exhausting I myself gave up a perm IT job last year this time and have since held two contract positions netting me a fantastic daily rate (the likes of which I won’t earn for another 10 years at BA! ). It became evident very quickly how boring, unrewarding and unchallenging my old perm job was. The fact that it was not exciting or challenging in anyway meant I had become very lazy. It was only after starting contracting that I actually started to study for my ATPLs properly and began passing exams (3 exams to go at this time).

I will be starting training in September with enough funds to pay all the bills and a mortgage for 4 months with comfort. Had I not converted to contracting and accepted the new challenge I would be in no position to start.