PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Banks and loans - credit crisis?
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2007, 12:29
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't really want to wade into this one, but I do have a long held belief that too many younger types (sorry Chris!) are so determined to get into this right away that they'd rather get into £60k worth of debt for 11 years than actually work for it.

As a couple of others have said, it IS possible to raise the funds for yourself without taking a huge loan. I start my course in two weeks time and (touching wood) won't owe coming out the other end. I've done this by contracting within my sector, which whilst higher risk than FTE, also pays much better. If you go this route, two years would easily see you earn enough to pay for a full integrated course (if that's the route you want to take - it is for me, fWIW). Yet once again, people think it's easier to assume that "daddy" paid for it all. Stop looking for reasons why or how you CAN'T do it and start looking for ways to make it happen....it IS possible and contracting is one good way of doing it. What's so very wrong with building up a career [that you can fall back on if needs be] before going flying?