PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How long have you got if the engine(s) go quiet
Old 16th Aug 2007, 11:11
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Whirlygig,

'Ang on Sid, I don't eat Mars bars and never touch coffee which gives me a numerator of zero i.e. no reaction time at all. This concerns me somewhat!
Please can you let me know the additional constant factors to be applied to your formula for a consumption of Jordan's Crunchy Bars (fewer calories and no cocoa) and Tetley Tea (less caffeine).
WG, you have no need for concern.

Simply start eating Mars Bars or in fact any chocolate bar beginning with the letter 'M'. Failing that, the formula is flexible enough to allow the 'm' to stand for mocca (coffee) and the 'c' to be Cadburys chocolate (my fave!)

Tea cannot come into the equation in itself (because it doesn't start with c or m), however because tea has generally the same caffeine content as coffee dependant on brew time, tea can replace the coffee.

As for the Jordans crunchy bars, you'll like this...

Jordans crunchy bar --- 464 Kcal/100g source
Mars Bar --------------- 452 Kcal/100g source

So...if you drink strong tea and eat Jordans crunchy bars, you would in fact better off health wise with the mars bar and coffee as stated in the formula.
In conclusion, in your individual case, because of your extra caffeine and calorie intake, you are better off than most in the reaction time stakes.

SS