PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Level Busts" increasing in UK -- The Times
Old 16th Aug 2007, 05:01
NO LAND 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They all must be right.

Yep the Aussies do it one way, the Asians another, the Africans like this, the Americans like that. And lets not forget the British! The ATCOs perspective is the same every day and I geuss they can be forgiven for developing a perspective that "hey, surely the way we do it is the obvious way?!"
Well, no actually, and the inferences involved in new clearances vary around the world. Not to mention differing clearance and start up procedures, taxi, ADS and CPDLC procedures, loss of comm etc etc etc etc. Boy I wish you guys would all go into a room together one day and get some standardisation going.
Our airline has about a dozen flights a day to the UK and yet I may only be rostered to fly there once a year. Or the same might go for flights to Aussie.
Thankfully I fly a 777 which is damn near airliner perfection (except for the seat) and flashes the altimeter setting orange if you forget to set it at transition. Not that I ever do forget it because "I was always taught blah blah blah..." Ha!