PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Pilots to Strike
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2007, 22:48
Captain Greaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It wasn't so long ago that the then current pilots in Aer Lingus pilots voted in yellow pack workers in order for themselves to get a pay rise. In the late 80's direct entry pilots were employed on a salary £10,000 a year less than what the then current pilots started on ten years before hand.
Now the currecnt pilots who have been watching the fat cats retire earning twice as much as they are on have taken a stand and will not stand for any more erosion of there working conditions. And besides there are agreements in place which the company have ignored.
Good luck to the EI pilots.At least they have balls unlike so many else in our profession.
I have been flying for 27 years.All bar three years in the far east and the uk have been in Ireland.
I have now turned my back on Irish companies to go work for Easy. The terms and conditions have gotten so bad in Irish companies that Irish people do not want to work in them. Try working for 14 hours in an aircraft that has no ovens and you have no time for a meal break and no access to hot food? Just look at the mass exodeuse from Ryan Air and City Jet. The only descent job left in the Republic is Aer Lingus and now the management want to follow O,Leary into the gutter.
I for once find myself backing Aer Lingus pilots 100%