PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2007, 20:33
PAJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TommyC, this thead has loads of info about the scheme - I know it's long but give it a read. You'll know the course intimately after the 50 or so pages! Also the website www.ctcwings.co.uk breaks it down a bit for you, but generally relies on you getting further info at each stage of the application process through presentations.

The idea is that you do a 17 week 'foundation' course based in New Zealand where they take you beyond PPL in terms of flying before officially accepting you onto the Wings course itself. Thereafter you continue your single engine flying to hour build for a bit whilst doing night rating and aeros all still VFR. Then you move onto the multi engine phase where you get your ME CPL before moving on to your IR training (which is completed in Bournemouth). Once finished, you will be told which partner airline you will be going to and you will then complete an AQC (MCC & JOC) course before going on to your type rating. Then you complete base training and finally a 6 month stint line training as a First Officer. If you perform well throughout, you are offered a full contract job at the end. Takes about 2 years start to finish and leaves you with a fATPL.

Overall it works out as about 11 months in New Zealand with one visit back to the UK after about 7 months so you can sit your first 8 ATPL exams. You sit the second set once you return from NZ for good before heading on to Bournemouth.

Last edited by PAJ; 15th Aug 2007 at 23:21.