PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should seniority be scrapped in airlines?
Old 15th Aug 2007, 13:48
Krueger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Seniority is the best system (so far) that protect you from nepotism, brown nosers, and from a constantly downgrading of your T&Cs. When somebody says that this system forces oneself to get stuck to a company , the same applies to the management, so they can't bully you around. So I don't really follow the logic when they say that this system pushes down our T&Cs.

From what I read, the only ones who are against this are the ones who were unfortuned in their careers (airline going bust, etc). The other ones are happy with it.

I am an ex-mil guy. I had my fun flying real Jets! Did my war time and now it's time to take it easy.
I flew with captains younger than me and less experienced and that didn't bothered me at all. To be a good professional you should be as good in the RHS as in the LHS.

I had the chance to go directly to the airlines , like some friends of mine did, but if I could go back I would do just the same although by now I would already in Long Haul.

There's plenty of airlines that accept DECs so why all this bitching around. Leave the regulars as they are because we're happy with it.

Check Six Krueger...