PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Pilots to Strike
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2007, 12:47
VORTIME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attitude

Isn't it strange how some posters here have adapted the attitude: "support us or get off the forum"

DM is going to try and break the union like WW did. I've great respect for all the AL pilots I know but for shareholder interest will always come first and your benefit from the reduced terms up north in terms of cap app on the share price.

Besides, expect a few hundred lay offs within 3 years. The Irish economy is tanking faster than any of you realise.

I'm not trying to be negative - but unions will cause more lay offs as a long term average because of labour rigidity, they will normally however benefit you in the short-run.

If you don't believe me, check the house completions data out from AIB today and apply the mulitplier effect to the 2007 GNP loss from debt-deflation that will start shortly, then look at the impact of the USD on the Irish subsidaries doing quasi-illegal transfer pricing into the IFSC.

Also, look at oil prices, 2002 - $20, 2003 - $30, 2004 - $40, 2005 - $50, 2006 - $60, 2007 - $70. What can the airline sustain for 2010 (the 3 year period I mentioned)?

Guys - be thankful for very well paid jobs and don't push the boat out too much.