PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Pilots to Strike
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2007, 12:40
alibaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It does get a little alarming when you see so many spotters and weekend warriors coming on this forum calling "professional pilots" no less on a forum titled "professional pilots rumour network" this; "pilots are a load of headbangers".

Erm, I think you might be the head banger mate. Do you not see the stupidity of your post in light of where you are posting it?

I am sure you would not want the pilot in charge of your safety being a head banger would you?

I think shareholders, management, spotters and pax do not quite understand the professional life of many pilots. It might be ok for you to work 9-5 mon to fri then enjoy your weekend flying or getting a city break or even going to Thailand for a week or two then come on here and spout off whatever you think is ok. But many pilots on here are trying to save this profession from going down the toilet not so that you can go to Spain for a fiver. Because you start paying a fiver and you will get five pounds worth of service and standards will deteriorate on all fronts.

More and more individuals are shunning pilot training because of the initial costs and the deteriorating T+C's for professional pilots. Trying to get pilots to undercut each other is an abysmal business strategy and will lead to a gradual decrease in standards as it does in any other industry. If you don't want to pay the standard of pay to pilots you are going to get the best and brightest individuals shunning this industry which is going to lead to a decrease in talent or brain drain.

When are people going to understand that you have to pay for quality individuals who are going to pilot aeroplanes to a high professional standard.

Well done to the EI pilots who are setting their line in the sand on a blatant attack on their own T+C's and an attack on all professional pilots T+C's throughout Europe! You have the utmost respect and support from your fellow colleagues.