PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC: Right turn in final.. for faster plane behind??
Old 15th Aug 2007, 11:24
DX Wombat

Location: The Burrow, N53:48:02 W1:48:57, The Tin Tent - EGBS, EGBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rmac
it was your contention that it was OK to orbit at low level off of an approach which IMHO is not normal, dangerous and only appropriate to an emergency situation.
I said no such thing! Nor did I imply it. Read my post again VERY carefully this time please. As for your unwarranted comments about what happened to me at Duxford - or to be more precise on the way there, I have said repeatedly that I am NOT going to publish the details. All I will say is that it was problems with the aircraft which started the whole sequence of events which included a nasty radio failure. I think the fact that my actions were described as "Exemplary" should tell you something.
Kindly apologise for your nasty remarks alleging that I am too much of a skinflint to purchase a GPS for my aircraft. It wasn't my aircraft and it wasn't equipped with GPS, although in light of what actually happened even if it had been fitted it is quite possible that it too would have been seriously affected.

Last edited by DX Wombat; 15th Aug 2007 at 11:34.