PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerobatics in a BO105
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2007, 22:38
spinwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well ....... I would imagine the control inputs would be much the same as for aeroplane aero's.....

Probably "snap rolls" are not on 'cos you have no wing to stall ..... but everything else ......

In the Bo105 once you have flown it .... you will find the roll rate very quick ... in fact much quicker than in the Cessna 150 Aerobat, Chipmonk et al.

Cyclic Pitch control is also very precise (ie like flying a jet fighter!) so once you feel happy in the "slippery little sucker" ...

Having said all that ... the standard Rotorcraft FM does not allow "Intentional" aerobatic flight ..... (soooooo I supose you also won't need the parachute)

I understand the Red Bull a/c are not modified much (????) but I would think that their maintenance inspection schedules will be much enhanced especially in the areas of the "transmission support struts" and their a/f attach points. I would also think the tailboom pylon doublers are watched carefully as well.

Flying the "Blowkow" is not like flying any other Heli ... the Hu 500 is close as far as control response goes ... but I wouldn't be trying aeros in 'em!