PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT / Bond Helicopter Ab-Initio sponsorship
Old 14th Aug 2007, 22:05
Bravo73

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
flyboy1818,

I suggest that you wind your neck in and leave your comments for matters that you actually know something about.

Originally Posted by flyboy1818
but sorry its just true and someone had to say it sometime soon!
Nope, little of what you have said is actually 'true'.

The majority of the cadets from the Bond scheme will go straight on to 'crew change' duties. ie flying too and from the rigs, changing the crew. Very few of them (if any) will go on the Jigsaw contract.

And how on earth can you compare this type of flying as being 'just as dangerous' as military flying? The conditions might be a little bit rougher than you are used to in your armchair/bedroom but North Sea pilots (of any flavour) rarely get shot at.

Considering the fact the nature of flying that Bond do its well likely to be closer to Military flying than to Civil VIP Helicopters.
What a load of tosh. How much do you actually know about what Bond do (compared to either military ops or onshore charter)? Have you actually ever been in a helicopter?

A large majority of Search and Rescue services will be outsourced under Private Finance deals during the next five years, effectively leaving Bond and a few others to fill the gap.
The MCA contract (which I presume you are refering to) has actually been awarded to CHC, not Bond. And rest assured, any SAR ops are not the place for a 200hr newbie.

I'm sorry but this is not the same a paying 30-90K for fATPL fixed wing/Helicopter and then going into a job flying pax or cargo around. Pilots of this type have always paid for their training.
That is exactly what the job will entail. Shipping people and things to and from rigs. It's as close to an airline that the helicopter world gets.

but I would advise a serious look into the Military first.
Judging by how wrong you've been so far, I doubt that anybody is going to take your advice on any topic.