PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortage affecting flight safety, analysts say
Old 14th Aug 2007, 21:55
LOC-STAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Two Cents Worth!!

Hi Gents: I flew short Haul (A320's)for 5 years and loved it...I now Fly Long Haul (B744) and love it as well..as a matter of fact if I had a choice I would stay on the -400 even though the actual flying is much more fun on short haul A/C ...However having spoken to lots of other colleagues I think that one thing is clear...Long Haul is definitely not for everyone...If you have a hard time sleeping on bunks, adjusting to different Time zones or If your think your family will not adjust to you being both away and at home for long chunks of time etc...Then don't even consider flying anything bigger than 737 etc...Also consider that this ability to adjust to Long Haul also depends on other factors such as your age or that of your children, fitness, frame of mind and off course the rostering system of your company (mine is very good )to name a few... I find it funny to fly with people who are in Long haul just for the money and yet hate the job and struggle at it..Just to have more money..Then again why would you want to have more money if after all you will probably have a shorter life span to enjoy that hard earned money flying longer hours!!!!!