PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT / Bond Helicopter Ab-Initio sponsorship
Old 14th Aug 2007, 21:41
flyboy1818

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys I'm not trying to create any competition here.

Just trying to make anyone who is looking aware of the other options available. Considering the fact the nature of flying that Bond do its well likely to be closer to Military flying than to Civil VIP Helicopters. The lifestyle will also be very Miltary at times, as Bond have many Helicopters based on Oil rigs.

A large majority of Search and Rescue services will be outsourced under Private Finance deals during the next five years, effectively leaving Bond and a few others to fill the gap.

You as a cadet are likely to end up in this role, and this is why I think its a right Con. Previously you would have been a well looked after and respected member of the Military, now you have been reduced to paying for the honour. I'm sorry but this is not the same a paying 30-90K for fATPL fixed wing/Helicopter and then going into a job flying pax or cargo around. Pilots of this type have always paid for their training.

Thats my 2 cents thats all. If you wanna apply goahead and good luck, but I would advise a serious look into the Military first.