PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police Job UK
Thread: Police Job UK
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2007, 19:34
Dupsspud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calm down dear it’s a commercial.

No need for the bad language and aggression. I think my use of the word cavalier (courtly gentleman fighting for the Realm) was taken out of context.

I am relatively new to the heli world and I hear on a number of occasions that preferential treatment is given to ex-mil pilots.

Can any operator or individual HONESTLY say that operators don’t give preferential treatment to an ex-mil pilot should that pilot happen to have been in the same regiment?

I am a civilian trained pilot hoping to work for a civilian aviation industry and would like to know whether discrimination exists. In other professions there are laws against it.

To answer an earlier question, my mate has over 3 thou hrs, previous off-shore, utility and charter experience, so I think he has the experience required, granted no police time and probably a good CV?

If I have inadvertently upset anyone then no offence was intended and I apologise unreservedly, please accept my apologies.

Isn’t this forum what it is all about getting answers and discussing aviation related issues, no matter how unpalatable they my be for the proposer or recipient. Hopefully with a little less profanity.