PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to do the training - CPL/ATPL target? Please help!!!
Old 14th Aug 2007, 15:09
Czech JellyHead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Where to do the training - CPL/ATPL target? Please help!!!

Hi guys,
I'm new to the PPRuNe so please don't beat me if I ask something which allready have been discussed 1k times.
I'm planning to start my pilot training very soon. I'm 27 so I would like to go through as fast as possibble - 2 years school is not an option!!! I'm ready to go full time. I'm from Czech Republic so weather conditions for flying are pretty limited as only 7-8 months in the year are suitable for flying. And as we have only 3 flying schools(number of aircrafts limited) I'm pretty restricted on that level too. Not mentioning the financial matter which is a common problem in Europe. So I came with following idea. Unfortunately I don't have a clue how difficuilt and if it is even possible. Please share your comments.
I would go for FAA PPL+hours build-up in Florida to total of around 120hrs. Then I would like to convert/validate the FAA PPL into JAA one and do the IR, ME and CPL theory and exams in Europe(Czech Rep. if possible) to get JAR CPL, eventully Frozen ATPL. Do you think this is the way?
When I'm done I'm willing to work anywhere in the world. Is the JAR Frozen ATPL the best option or is the FAA CPL good to get a job as well? Which countries recognize FAA licenses?
Thanks a lot for all your ideas and comments in advance.
Brgds,
Czech JellyHead