PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Banks and loans - credit crisis?
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2007, 14:58
Grass strip basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah yes its the banks fault.... certainly not the responsibility of the individual.

I hate to break it to you but the big UK banks will make c£30bn this year in net profit not £7bn... c50% of which comes from overseas. How much money do you think the banks make from "low paid people with limited means"?? Believe me it is bu**er all, if it wasn't for the government's social inclusion rules they would have nothing to do with that customer base.

The profits also means the banks are paying over £10bn in taxes a large slug of which helps support the UK public sector. XL319 do you have any idea how Barclays makes it profits?? Or the benefits that you enjoy from the UK having a healthy financial services industry? What is it with everyone wanting to knock successful businesses in the UK??

If you don't like them don't use them... why should banks provide a service to you for free??... you don't work for free do you? (Unless you are a new pilot at Ryanair of course... )

Anyway we digress..... chris-squire good luck with finding another route to fund your training, you have my sympathy but you at least seem to have your head screwed on so I'm sure you will get there in the end