PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Fitness Test - Soon to be twice a year!
Old 14th Aug 2007, 14:34
Airborne Aircrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope that your leg gets better soon:
T'is much better now, thank you. I bashed out four miles this weekend at a nice gentle pace and, having taken yesterday as a rest day, (old age is a terrible thing ), I shall run another couple tonight at a more ambitious pace.

Incidentally, remind me, how often is the aircrew medical?
You see, this is the problem. You are comparing two different beasts. The aircrew medical is carried out to ensure that you are medically fit to carry out your job as opposed to physically fit. You know, those pesky things like eyesight, no heart or respiratory issues. No fits or seizures etc.

We got annual flying checks too while I was in. These were tests that were administered to ensure that we were maintaining/adhering to standards. Training was ongoing for that too throughout the year though it was a supervised activity.

You go to the dentist every six months don't you? But you know you clean your teeth every day... So why are you going to the dentist? Is it to see if you are doing the old teeth cleaning bit effectively? Of course it is. So why the drama over a fitness test? You're only taking the test to make sure you are doing your physical training effectively...

Please... Don't tell me you are from Arkansas...