PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Fitness Test - Soon to be twice a year!
Old 14th Aug 2007, 13:38
Airborne Aircrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope.. Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not a walt. I'm not serving any more either and I was neither a sailor nor a pongo.

When you resort expending 1/3rd of your entire post to picking up a spelling error you have conceded that you have nothing further of value to add to the conversation. Thank you.

Your "disconnected" and "place disproportionate store in testing" policies are your objective view of them. Others see them as the policymakers realizing there is a problem but allow you to determine how you wish to address it. The test is there to see if you got off your duff... Plain and simple. Saying that an annual test is/was sufficient is utter rubbish. I pulled a muscle two weeks ago and took a week off running. I ran last weekend and re-pulled the same muscle so I took last week off too, (I don't heal like I used to). So, I had only run 1.8 miles in two weeks... When I ran on Saturday I was significantly slower and more stressed running two miles than I was just two weeks before. So, if you can't be trusted to stay fit on your own the tests should probably be administered every month since, from my experience, bi-annually would be far from sufficient.

Let's face it, people administer tests to ensure that you maintain a standard. If you could be left to your own devices in this matter they wouldn't feel the need to test you. They don't keep coming back and having you redo your GCSE's do they?

Lastly, before you try to elicit the support of the entire service by trying to imply that I am insulting all of them read what I write more carefully. I place a distinction between those that train and those that don't. You just don't like the way I refer to them... Not PC enough for you? If you're fat then your fat, period. Can't handle that? That's your problem not mine. Fortunately for you it's one of life's little problems you can easily do something about... if you want to. If you don't then you are in the wrong career because, as you have noted, the policymakers have determined that being a fatty is not part of the job description.