PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2007, 09:45
borghha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob wrote:

Sorry if I got carried away. I am learning a lot from many of you and would like to continue enjoying your company.
The same goes for me. What astonishes me more and more is that the AB logic tries to prevent a lot of human errors (eg extending GS when airborne-is this then not a matter of good airmanship?) but didn't do anything to prevent the possible HF we are confronted with in the case of TAM 3054. (except for the adapted MMEL, which apparently didn't get through to every pilot) The logic doesn't avoid this omission and, what is worse, it is even misleading in that it stops the RETARD call after TD. It puts pilots in the wrong mode, because they know that the ac tries to prevent HF, so when suddenly GS don't extend, they start looking for a fault in the ac, not in the human factor.
It would be impossible to predict every possible HF, but by eliminating some and not adressing others, a logic like this has to lead to major problems during operations. I hope AB, and certification bodies, will eventually be modest enough to aknowledge this.
In the meantime the bodies of the two pilots have been identified. May they rest in peace.