PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indigo airlines SO and 'Pay to Play' Wannabes
Old 14th Aug 2007, 00:14
Robeki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyingChipmunk,
You can’t really compare the CAE program to the Simcenter program. Have you ever tried comparing a Ferrari to a Skoda?

The fact is ICPilot never had the Indigo program under control, my personal opinion. I know for a fact that that Indigo has put Simcenter on hold for a while, not enough training captains. Not sure if the same applies to CAE as some of the line training is completed before getting to India by CAE.

For those applying through ICPilot (Simcenter), the funny part is that many applicants received an email from Indigo stating that the program was being put on hold, that same email was addressed to ICPilot. Interesting that ICPilot finds out at the same time as some pilots who haven’t yet been recruited. Thus clear sign that ICPilot and Indigo are not well connected.

CAE is unable to meet the demand to fully train all of Indigo’s pilots, thus Indigo has to find other recruiting agencies. CAE has a contract to provide qualified pilots to Indigo. I maybe sticking my foot in my mouth by saying this, but I believe ICPilot works on commission per pilot selected. I know you are aware of the problem with the Pilots trained at Simcenter that went to Air Deccan. Who knows, maybe this is the reason Indigo slowed down recruitment through ICPilot (Simcenter). There are some very nice guys working at Simcenter, and they were the first to confess the whole issue with Air Deccan.

As far as I know, the Indigo program through CAE hasn’t been placed on hold. Maybe tomorrow I will get slapped in the face with the news, but for now, I will keep my head in the A320 books.

Rob