PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 4
Thread: Aer Lingus - 4
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2007, 22:48
DrKev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Just a spotter
So my confusion is this, How can IALPA members strike in support of people who are
a) not yet currently employed by EI
As I understand it; it's not in support of new staff to be hired, it is about their current terms and conditions being undermined by the proposed deal to be offered to new staff based at Belfast.

I was told last week that all EI staff received a letter from DM stating that no staff would be transferred to Belfast, they would be hiring new staff on different contracts, terms, and conditions with no unions as part of the contract.

BTW, I have not read much of today's media coverage of this. I don't know what is being reported or what anyone else in EI/unions are saying about this.

b) not in their geographic coverage area
It might just be. From the impact site...

IMPACT is affiliated to, and active in, the Irish Congress of Trade Unions (ICTU), the single trade union centre on the island of Ireland.

c) the terms of employment, or even the nature of the employing company (e.g. will they be employed by Aer Lingus (UK) for example) don't appear to have been released.
See answer to a), above. Based on DM's letter to current staff, they have enough to go that has upset them.