PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2007, 17:46
SR71

Mach 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rananim,

Last time I looked if you fail to set QNH corrrectly on either a Boeing or an Airbus, there is absolutely nothing to stop you flying into the ground is there (assuming you choose to ignore your EGPWS warnings....but that is another story)?

That is the fault of who exactly?

You'd think in this day and age altimeters would set themselves wouldn't you?

If you import English idiom into French, you get gobble-de-gook.

Use FORTRAN syntax when coding Matlab and your code will not execute.

I think robdean is about right....because, as PBL mentions, the chances of the other options being considerations are, statistically, about nil.

Personally I think the thread has run its course because in the absence of a member(s) from the Airbus FCS system design team, the speculation by some on the low level design isn't helping anyone.

However, at a higher level, I'm impressed by some of the minds on the thread and their contributions, and the absence of much of the normal "if you're not a pilot you don't understand" vitriole that seems to emanate from some quarters.

Personally, as a long time member of the PPRune WWW site (first came across it when doing my own PhD), I reckon its one of the best threads I've read in ~10 years of membership.

I've always been of the opinion as a pilot, that, you can never have too much knowledge of your aircraft, or for that matter, someone elses.

One day that small bit of information might save you.

Now I'm off to study the Why-Because? technique!