PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duplication of QNH on Clearance callup
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2007, 17:43
fireflybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And then at some units we get passed the QNH when we call for taxi as well...

This is a much better method than that used in certain parts of the world where they keep badgering and bleating at you as to whether "you've got ATIS Joooliet" yet at 3000' on approach on a CAVOK day. Bizarre.
If you really want some fun when it's not too busy at such airports tell them you have received "Kilo" when the ATIS is radiating "Juliet" (etc) but I am not saying I would ever do such a dastardly thing!

Also, slightly off the thread yet relevant I think, the difference in ATIS at some units with rate of speech (so fast you can hardly understand it to so slow you almost doze off whilst copying it), background noise (conversations, radios blaring etc), information given in non standard order (mainly non UK) and then when it's something unusual you have to listen to the whole broadcast again to try and piece together what has been said only to find it's something like helipad out of service....end of rant!

I almost forgot - the variability of the wind direction when it's less than 5 kts - when I get bored I work out the average wind direction from the "variability" to see if it's the same as the mean wind direction.

Last edited by fireflybob; 13th Aug 2007 at 17:56.