PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2007, 17:22
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To A320 flyers out there: Would risking stowage problems on #1 (plus the precious seconds it takes) be better on a take off attempt or would it be better in this case to shut down #1 and TOGA on #2. Would this plane have been able to lift off at 62tons from the remainder of the runway (being at the speed it was at already). I understand wasted seconds and disaster should a T/R not stow are the main reasons that its not usually a good idea to attempt to take off once T/R is activated.
You do not "go around" again once T/Rs selected. Endex. It is a rule / SOP / whatever. This is a multicrew environment - how do you expect to carry out something so totally against SOPs with the co-operation of your colleague in a few seconds on the runway

In professional flying, there is no answer to some things. I might have my opinions of the questions you ask, but they are not relevant. It is not a trained for procedure, there are no performance guides for it, it should not be considered (especially in advance) by anyone.

Hope my viewpoint is clear enough

NoD