PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2007, 15:39
Just a spotter

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe there just isnt a market for it!
Beanwidth, that's my point exactly ... all this huffing and puffing for a very small number of individuals. Yes, a percentage of those said individuals may very well be decision makers in or clients of the companies located in the Limerick/Clare area, but there are other ways to successfully communicate in business, and "if Mohamed can't go to the mountain, the the mountain will have to come to him" ... the Irish execs can connect via Dublin to visit their otherwise VIP visitors.

Shannon Airport had it relativly esasy for years; a sleepy little backwater with the best runway on the island all down to government mismanagement of aviation via their quango Aer Rianta (in what ever name it currently hides under). Removal of the forced stop over follewed by the loss of the LHR link and its a double whammy welcome to the real world wake up call for the SAA/DAA.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wish Shannon or the region any harm, but do object to false skewing of any market which is what SNN benefited from for years.

Welcom to the 21st Century and the free market Shannon, the very best of luck to you.

JAS