PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can low hours Biz Jets pilots transfer to commercial airlines?
Old 13th Aug 2007, 15:38
PPRuNeUser0215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nimbus21 I am not sure how much you know about the aviation industry and how hard/easy it is to get a job, any job for a low timer...
But remember, a job is a job and that should be your first priority.
Then the type of aircraft/flying then the hours you will fly or the money you will make (to reimburse those big debts of yours).

Of course it is possible to end up flying for the airlines after a Biz jet job. It is possible with 250 hours and no time on anything bigger than a seneca too.
It is an attitude thing rather than anything else. If you are the safety minded type of guy who likes SOPs, 2 Crew environment then the transition won't be a problem.
The only problem will come if you try to be too clever with jobs and the job market collapses because then the airlines, the business jets operators and banner towing companies will stop all hiring.
Guess what ? You could well end up with no job, no hours but huge debts to repay. Huge debts means no more flying so hardly current if at all and certainly not proficient for a sim ride or whatever else.
Worse, people with 1000s of hours will be on the market ready to take anything until things get better (I know because I would).

So take that job, enjoy it, put it on your CV, your hours in the logbook and keep looking for other opportunities.