PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should seniority be scrapped in airlines?
Old 13th Aug 2007, 15:07
Hachet Harry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I am not trying to be rude when I say it's no good hanging on in the mob and then bleating about it.
Sorry Basil, I didn't realise I was bleating about it, I thought that I was joining the debate and offering an opinion that differed from Bob's.

'Hachet Harry'? so do you think you should be permitted to march into the big boys of civil aviation and hatchet your way to the LHS?
No, of course not. I am very aware that the Industry employs such a system and by joining it, by definition, I would be accepting it. My point is that it is an antiquated system that does not reward hard work in the same way that most other industries do.

whilst absolutely correct in the military, makes one a soft touch for the bean counters.
Whilst I also don't want to appear rude, it sounds as if maintaining the status quo is ideal for you. If being willing to work hard and wanting to succeed at my chosen occupation makes me a soft touch to the bean counters, so be it. You on the other hand want to get paid top notch and receive cushy benefits for doing as little as humanely possible. Good luck to you. One day though, you might be made to realise that the world doesn't owe you a living.