PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Macau Asia Express
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2007, 08:59
hailer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Statement from MAX on AOC

Not sure if they are deliberately misleading people or if this is just poorly phrased. The Macau AACM process is that an application for an AOC has to be kick started by a Formal Application containing a detailed Schedule of Events, and submission of most of the Operations and Engineering Manuals. According to the AACM website details of the business plan and route structure are also required. I guess what MAX are referring to is the the Formal Application has been accepted. Not for one second do I believe the AOC has been granted as for a start they do not have an aircraft yet to do route proving. However, I guess it is a start.

The news that the two managements (NX and MAX) are speaking to each other should not, I suppose, be any surprise - they are the same shareholders by and large. It would be surprising if they were not speaking given that both need to get their costs lower and there must be synergy benefits. Someone else on this thread suggested it is a natural synergy to have the legacy and the loco share what they can and be arms length where they have different philosophies. That common sense does not, however, allow for bigger egos than intellects!

Given last week's figures on the number of additional hotel beds and gambling tables Macau sure as hell needs everything from spaceships to rickshaws to get people in.

I still have not seen confirmation of the new MAX salary scales but I am assured they are effective and have been offered to some applicants. Anyone got any news?

Hailer